too much chicken -->

Monday, October 09, 2006

This is who I am...

This is who I am…

A little obsessive compulsive…which I like to label as ‘organized.’
A little controlling…which I like to think is thoughtful.
A little paralyzed by fear, that I may never be loved or belong completely to another.
A little self-conscious when it comes to my body, or my abilities…sometimes even my dreams.

This is who I am when no one’s looking.

I laugh at jokes that aren’t funny, make light of situations that are serious, and hide behind my smile….oh, but when I’m alone…

I’m a little lost in myself.
I appreciate my drive, my ability to pick up the pieces and move on, my love for life.
When no one’s looking I dance a little more, sing a little louder, and love without holding back.

Yes, this is who I am.



4 Comments:

Blogger Joleen's Mom said...

I love who you are...

when you're alone
(you're never completely alone)
when no one's looking
(or you think no one is)
but especially when we're together, laughing at jokes that aren't funny and making light of things that are serious. This is who you are. You are loved.

I pray you'll learn to dance a little harder and always sing a little louder, even when you're in the prescence of others. You may find that they'll join you, but know that they'll be blessed by the happy moment you're sharing with them! Hugs!!!!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

I couldn't have said it any better than Mom. Wow.

11:03 AM  
Blogger la vie en rose said...

i hear you...and you are beautiful...

welcome back...i've missed you...

12:13 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Aimee, so beautifully written. I am so proud of you for being able to recognize your strengths as it is always easy to look at our weaknesses. Love ya kiddo!!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home