too much chicken -->

Friday, November 17, 2006

happenings

Today is an ordinary day. I’ve got chores and homework to fill more time than I have…and I have more to do than I know how to get done. Normally I might consider freezing up and doing nothing but today I’m taking one thing at a time until the day comes to an end. Whatever doesn’t get done isn’t so important that it can’t get done tomorrow. I can breathe…and I do love a breath of fresh air. Things are going fairly well. I love my apartment, the feeling I get when I walk through the door, and surprisingly, I’m getting quite used to being alone.

Last night, for the first time since starting college, I went out with a group of nursing students to celebrate a couple of birthdays. We had a great time and even though there were many things I probably should have been doing, I enjoyed myself. We went to a place called Lucky Strikes, a bowling ally at the Block in Orange and I was safely tucked in bed by 2am…what a rebel! :o) I’ll try to post some pictures later.

I’m going home for the weekend and even though it’ll only be me and the lil’ sis, I am really looking forward to it. I miss home…and after the last several years, I have learned that home is where your family is….it’s were the people are who love you no matter what, who open their arms to you, who are there. I guess its only right to add that they’re also the ones who have the giant, front-load washer and dryer….and I’m hoping, the ones who let you use it even though you’ve moved away and you have your own. ::wink::

4 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

Hey, we went to that Bowling Alley, it was fun! I am so glad that you are finding pleasure in being alone, it makes me feel a little more at ease knowing that! Enjoy your weekend at home! See you at Thanksgiving!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

oh smart cookie! ;)

3:22 PM  
Blogger la vie en rose said...

enjoy your thanksgiving and the time you have with your family

11:35 AM  
Blogger my pink sky said...

have an arms-wrapped-around, tummy-full-of-homecooking, clean-smelling-laundry, happy homecoming!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home